Sunday, May 18, 2008

Cape Cod - Day Three - Part One

Mommy was determined to get me to take a morning nap. She promised that the nap would make that "special afternoon" all that much better. I didn't know what she meant, but being the perfect girl that I am, I took a 2 hour morning nap. When I woke up, Mimi dressed me in a beautiful party dress. Guess what...it was a birthday party for me!

Now, let me give you a play-by-play of how birthday parties go. First, people put on party hats (which I hate!) and sing to you while lighting a cake on fire. Then they make you stick your hand in it.
But, then they let you eat the cake! And often give you ice cream, too. Here I am demonstrating a very advanced move: cake in one hand, spoonful of ice cream in the other. Mommy is always talking about efficiency...she's right...that makes a lot of sense!

You have to pose for a lot of pictures with your parents...but I didn't mind that at all. They're cool.

Finally, you get to open presents! My family just spoiled me rotten! I got lots of clothes and new toys to play with including my first pinwheel...

and my first baby doll!

Birthdays are awesome. Time for a nap!

1 comment:

Annika Kristina & Lukas Anders said...

What a special day. You look so cute. Happy birthday (again!)