Sunday, May 25, 2008

The Annual Memorial Weekend BBQ!

Today marked the 2nd year in a row that I was at the family Memorial Weekend BBQ. Last year, Mommy and Daddy left the hospital and took me to my first party (I was 4 days old!) This year, I got to set up my own play area for the afternoon.
Here I am playing with my cousin Carissa.

And I also got to celebrate my birthday for a 5th time! I did a really good job getting the cake everywhere, doncha think?

Then, I got to open presents from all my family. They are so sweet to spoil me rotten!

I spent a lot of the afternoon sitting in Mommy's beach chair chatting with Auntie Di.

Here I am sitting with Daddy watching the traditional lighting of the Christmas Tree. Yes, we torch a dried tree every year. Weird, I know, but really exciting to watch!

Oh yeah, I forgot one thing. I walked today! I had taken a few stumbling/falling steps before, but today I was standing, I squatted, stood back up and took 4 steps across the blanket! I figured that now that I'm a big girl, I should probably act like it.

After a long day of playing and eating, we had a campfire and I finally fell asleep on Mommy. What a day!

1 comment: