Friday, June 27, 2008

Outer Banks - Day Seven (Part Two)

After my afternoon nap, the 'rents took me on one final excursion and the most adventurous one to date! My first kayaking trip! Daddy wanted to kayak to his 700th cache on an island in Roanoke Sound. It was really windy that day and the people renting the kayaks told us that we probably shouldn't go, but we didn't listen! We got suited up in our PFDs and away we went. The current was really strong and it was a tandem kayak, so Daddy did all the paddling while Mommy held me tight to make sure I didn't abandon ship. At one point it got really shallow, so Mommy and Daddy got out while I got to ride all by myself up onto the shore.

"Daddy, we're really close...just a bit of bushwacking and we should be there".

Do you think I could make a quick getaway while they look for the cache?
Success! Congrats to Daddy on his 700th cache and I got a prize, too!
The ride back from the island was rough (Daddy's eyes were burning from the salt water spray so he was paddling with his eyes closed while Mommy gave him directions) but we made it to shore.
I had so much fun on this trip. I'm looking forward to our next family adventure!

1 comment:

Annika Kristina & Lukas Anders said...

What a crazy adventure! Congrats on the 700th cache. It sounded like a wild ride...with AWESOME pictures to prove it!